December 13, 2018
Winter Maintenance Tips
- • At the beginning of winter, shut off interior valves supplying outdoor water pipes to prevent pipes from freezing.
- • Change furnace filters monthly
- • Repair any interior wall damage; touch up or repaint as needed
- • Check and re-grout tile in all bath and kitchen areas, as needed, and apply a silicone sealer.
- • Add copper sulfate to basement floor drain and downspout drains to control tree roots in main sewer.
- • Develop plan for next summer’s home improvements.
- • At winter’s end, re-open interior valves supplying outdoor water pipes.